25 Random Facts About Me.
So on the Facebooks, Sweetney tagged me in one of those things where you have to say a bunch of random things about yourself and then tell a bunch of people to do it back. Since I am in a very fragile condition right now, wherein I will do anything if it means putting off homework, I of course immediately drummed out a reciprocating list. Then she posted hers in her blog and I realized: Hey, this counts as a blog post?! OMG, SCORE!
Because, seriously, I have no additional brain cells to devote to actually thinking about things to write about.
So anyway, here are some things about me. I’ve said some of them before, but those that are repeats are reiterated because they bear repeating, like my hatred of the putrid Gourd of Hades most people refer to as “cucumbers”.
You should tell me things about you now, so that we can be closer to each other. But not too close, please. I like my personal space, even on the internet, so please don’t tell me (too much) about your sex life or where you stick your boogers when you pick your nose. Please read extra emphasis into that plea if you happen to be someone I hang out with in real life. There’s something to be said for leaving a little mystery in your relationships, dig?
- I scored a 780/800 on my SAT II English Writing subject test. I’m still curious where I lost 20 points.
- My first job was at the San Diego Wild Animal Park. I worked at Mombasa Island Cooker, and I had to wear a safari uniform.
- On my first visit to New York, I got pickpocketed on the subway on my way to the airport. They let me on the plane without my ID. This was obviously pre-2001.
- I have extremely nimble toes. I can pick up small change with my feet.
- In high school, I played the Baker in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I can’t remember my part at all, but can sing every part The Narrator sang, which was the part I wanted.
- I lived in five states over the course of four years. Oregon is still my favorite.
- I once dated a guy so obsessed with Disney movies I broke up with him because of it.
- He also had a car he had to push-start. The Disney thing was the deal-breaker, though.
- I still have a baby tooth where an adult tooth never grew.
- I hate cucumbers more than anything in the world. I would rather fill out tax forms every day than eat them.
- I used to want to be a cheesemonger.
- And a lounge singer.
- The only song I can play on the guitar is “Zombie” by the Cranberries. I’m not really sure why, since that song totally sucks.
- I am still not fluent in Spanish after five years of Spanish classes, but I do remember the capital of every Spanish-speaking country. Quiz me!
- I spent prom night talking over IM with my online boyfriend. I don’t regret it.
- I love karaoke.
- I have attended three community colleges and one university, and I changed my mind about my major four times.
- I still remember the first and last name of everyone who was cruel to me in junior high and high school. Not that I hold grudges.
- My Myers-Briggs type is INFP.
- My favorite food is cheese. Like, just about any cheese.
- My favorite color is green.
- While I don’t believe in love at first sight or soulmates, I do freely admit to thinking to myself the first day I met Andrew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.
- I used to go to a Christian youth group until one day the pastor brought in a beef tongue as an analogy for something. I forget what it was an analogy for, but it put me off meat for 11 years and off God forever.
- I once wrote a friend’s term paper in exchange for three packs of cigarettes.
- The first time a man I was romantically involved with bought me flowers was two months ago.